Job Title: Administrative Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Business Operations
REPORTS TO: Office Manager
APPROVED BY: Leah Brownlee
HUMAN RESOURCES: Elizabeth Pafford
The Administrative Assistant will aid the Office Manager in ensuring the orderly operation of the business, employees, and administrative aspects of Lazurite. This position performs all the customary activities associated with the coordination of an office. Additionally, they will provide support as an executive assistant and other areas of the business as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organize and oversee office environment (equipment, utilities, scheduling) to ensure seamless operation of Lazurite
- Maintain a well-organized and updated filing system in both electronic and hardcopy format for all materials that are under purview of position
- Serve as primary point of contact for non-critical communication to/from Lazurite
- Coordinate business travel, accommodation, and entertainment activities for Lazurite employees and outside partners as needed
- Reviews incoming mail and determines significance and plan appropriate distribution
- Maintain inventory of basic stock of all office supplies and equipment
- Assist with managing communication pertaining to office and lab facilities
- Assist with scheduling/managing courier activities related to the operation of Lazurite
- Create and update calendars for the business/administrative operations of Lazurite
- Manage inventory of Lazurite office equipment, componentry, and completed products
- Assist in managing social media accounts
- Any other duties as deemed necessary by supervisor
- 3+ years Administrative Assistant experience
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- High School Diploma or GED (Associate’s Degree+ preferred)
- Comfortable with routinely shifting demands
- High attention to detail
- Admin Assistant will be working from the office location: Not a remote position.
- Standard computer skills (Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Cloud-based document sharing platforms (Dropbox)
- Business tools (Google/Outlook Calendar, Adobe Acrobat DC, Slack, Teams)
- Creativity software (Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop)
- Digital marketing channels (WordPress, MailChimp, LinkedIn, Twitter, HootSuite)
- Proactive and decisive problem solving
- Ability to operate typical office equipment
- Regularly spend long hours sitting or standing and using office equipment and computers.
- Regularly move from sitting to standing positions effortlessly.
- Regularly work on repetitive tasks.
- Regularly use hands and fingers to handle, control or feel objects.
- Regularly hold the arm and hand in one position or hold the hand steady while moving the arm.
- May use headphones and earbuds.
- Regularly see details of objects that are less than a few feet away.
- Regularly speak clearly so listeners can understand.
- Regularly understand the speech of another person.
- Frequently bend to file and maintain files.
- Occasionally lift 10-25 pounds.